There are a number of forums and initiatives within Canada to generate ideas about how to shift to a low-carbon economy, but there are few processes that focus on accelerating action. Carbon Talks looks for the strategic entry points where convening key participants can be effective. We work with partners to move groups from intent to action and we support this work through fact-based research and analysis.
Carbon Talks recognizes that there are a number of great businesses, industrial associations, think tanks, government public servants, politicians and non government organizations that are working towards shifting to a low carbon economy. Carbon Talks builds on existing scholarship and practice, working collaboratively to leverage resources and impact - partnering with organizations to co-host dialogues, commission joint-studies and share information. Here are our focus areas:
- Energy How do we develop, steward and modernize our energy system in Canada to meet the expectations of current and future generations? read more
- Transportation New frontiers in moving goods and people. read more
- Clean Technology Innovators and innovations for clean technology products and services. read more
- Financing Following the money - Financing the low-carbon economy. read more
- Built Environment Reducing the carbon footprint in neighbourhoods and cities. read more
- Supply chain From sourcing to labelling – reducing environmental impacts and creating value. read more